Monday, September 15, 2008

What Are Those Fundamentals?

John McCain continues to insist that the fundamentals of our economy are good. He claimed this as recently as this morning. I'm just wondering what those fundamentals are...because everything else I read and hear says otherwise.

Does McCain think he will make it right by saying so...or, is it the case that he knows things are broken, and that Republicans have been at the helm during the breaking, but that he still wants the chance to fix them?

As I read this morning, perhaps he should make his new slogan:

"The Economy: We Broke It... And We'll Fix It"

Maybe that is it.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It seems to me that when McCain is saying "we" he means John and Sarah, not the Republicans. Since Sarah took on the Republicans in Alaska, maybe they, together, think they, alone, can rescue the country from the Republicans and the Democrats. ( But America is not Alaska!!) Perhaps John and Sarah are not intelligent enough to be aware of all they do not know or understand?

LJ said...

I'm sorry to say the only thing Sarah did in Alaska was lie about nearly everything. I made it my business to not talk about her this week, but I am reading. The amount of lies that are now being proven is really quite frightening. She is more secretive and more untruthful than...I can't even say it. But I promised I wouldn't energize her this week. ha ha

Unknown said...

okay,you set a good example, I am going to try a vow of sarah silence myself, and see what happens.... thanks Liz.