My mom called me this morning after seeing this press conference on t.v. (see links below)
I answered the phone and without even saying hello she just said, "If we don't elect this man, this true leader to be our next President, then I don't know what is wrong with this country. He is just brilliant."
I tried all day to find the speech, and finally here it is. He is cogent and clear and specific, and yes his youth and vibrancy speaks volumes more about where we want to go which is FORWARD...to the FUTURE.
I realize this comes at a time when a new book is out calling Obama a true liberal and not much of a reformer. Okay, but after the past 8 years, can't we just give the liberal dude a try? When did liberal become such a bad word? Jeeze.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGxx0VGLg90
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdKmpQJ3CBE
Why Progressives Are Backing Off 'Woke 1'
11 hours ago
2 comments:
Liz, your mom is terrific but maybe you should not remind her that this is the country that elected Bush. Twice. Sigh. When that sad fact creeps in I refocus my thoughts to Yes We Can! Onward Obama!
Yes, we are ALL well aware of that fact. Sigh, indeed. I feel hopeful when I hear about all the Republicans who are feeling pushed out of their own party. We'll see, won't we...
Post a Comment