If what I am reading about how John McCain selected Sarah Palin is true, the Republicans are in for some serious trouble. And, no, I'm not snickering...really, I'm not.
As reported in the NY Times today, John McCain up until a few days ago was "hoping to select his good friend Joseph Lieberman". Why he did not: "he was bombarded by outrage from influential conservatives who predicted an explosive floor fight at the convention and vowed rejection of Mr. Ridge or Mr. Lieberman by the delegates."
What we know is that the selection of a running mate is considered to be the first decision a potential POTUS makes. What we are reading is that John McCain's decision seems to have been heavily influenced by one group of people who threatened him with destruction. If I were a Republican, I would be shaking in my boots right now.
Since Biblical times, we have known that "a house divided against itself cannot stand." (Matthew 12:25)
That is why THIS time around the Dems vowed UNITY. It was the theme of our convention and our goal from the start.
If the Republicans meet defeat this November, it will be for this reason alone (again, see Matthew 12:25).
Funny, I thought those guys read the Bible too...hmmm....
Crime Crackdown 'Working,' DC Homicides Plummet
11 hours ago
5 comments:
The very fact that McCain allowed advisors to override his Veep choice, then impulsively makes a decision he believes will be trendy, tells a lot about McCain. What happened to his mantra about national security first?
Palin was not vetted, she was Googled.
Yes, I fear the Maverick has died and has been replaced by a mere puppet. The real question might be who exactly is the puppeteer?
Another four letter word: R o v e.
Oh, I don't know, I think McCain
just likes "babes"!
Wait until tonight and you see how the middle aged white boy network of the GOP oogles and cheers her in her 'speech' (Which I predict will have no fewer than three "you betchas") They'll call themselves renergized and go back out to fight the 1980 election--oh wait, 2000, no, wait, what year is it?
Post a Comment