Before I go read what every one else said I must weigh in on a lesser issue, which in my opinion may not be so minor.
How do these men react to their wives? I'm sorry, but the image that is searing in my mind right now has nothing to do with anything these men just said.
Michelle is clearly Barack's helpmate in the truest sense of the word. After it was all over, he immediately went to her gave her a real hug, an honest kiss and I think I saw him say "how'd it go?" They shared a few words and nods. She supports him, comforts, honors, protects.
John gave Cindy and for that matter Cindy gave John a perfunctory pat on the back and then he turned to the audience and smiled his lovely, wooden smile and gave two thumbs up. The man is so spiritless. Commentators seemed worried that he didn't make eye contact with Obama all night: so what, he doesn't even look at his own wife.
Relating is important. Connecting with other human beings is important. Strong leadership goes hand in hand with an individuals ability to understand and associate with people.
As the ancient aphorism goes: Charity begins at home.
(Terence, 185 BC - 159 BC)
I'm just saying...
Why Progressives Are Backing Off 'Woke 1'
11 hours ago
3 comments:
Warning - sexist generalization ahead!
I think that is something that women notice and think about more than men - I notice it as well.
I wonder how McCain was / is as a father too. The McCain children looked incredibly uncomfortable on the stage with him at the convention.
Yes, I agree but don't women make up 51% of the voting population?!? And, for what it is worth the very white, stiff men on PBS last night also noticed the lack of eye contact, they just assumed it was McCain's disdain for Obama. I think it goes far, far deeper. Watch him with Sarah Palin, it is truly disgusting.
Oh my goodness, yes! It bugged me to no end that McCain couldn't even look at Obama. How on earth would he negotiate with any adversary if he can't look then in the eye? He just strikes me as an angry, old man.
Post a Comment