As a parent, it is common to hear this defense from children standing in front of a puddle of juice on the floor. "The cup slipped, it wasn't my fault." "He pushed me and made me spill".
Sometimes we hang onto those defenses as adults just in case they should come in handy.
And so it was when Joy Behar of "The View" asked John McCain yesterday why he was satisfied to endorse self-evident lies on his campaign ads his reply was, in effect..."Its Obama's fault".
He actually said that because Obama did not agree to the town hall meeting style debates that McCain had proposed, Obama forced the McCain camp to change the tenor of the debate. He actually said on national television that if Obama had agreed to the town hall meetings, we would have seen a different kind of campaign. Really? Really!
Or perhaps what McCain meant to say was: "Since I didn't have to show up for town hall meeting style debates, I just check out and left it all to Karl to manage. I actually have no bloody idea what is being said on my behalf. In fact, did you know that the voice you hear saying I approve those things is actually a recording I did in 2000. Neato, don't ya think?!"
Why Progressives Are Backing Off 'Woke 1'
11 hours ago
1 comment:
Who knew that the women of The View would be the first (and only?) people to ask McCain the tough questions? I hope you are right, that their campaign will start caving in on them!
Post a Comment