Sunday, September 28, 2008

Desperate WhiteHousewives

Tonight was the season premiere of the only show I follow on t.v. It was great to reunite with the gals from Wysteria Lane, and to see Gabby dig deep to find her inner beauty. In one quick hour, we jumped ahead five years, and during the commercial break I learned that it is "National Stay At Home Week". Who knew?

The thought occurred to me, however, that The Housewives and all their shenanigans pale in comparison to what is going on in real life.

You've got to sit for this one because you'll think I'm making it up.

The TimesOnLine is reporting that the McCain Campaign is praying that the Palin family plans Bristol's wedding before the November election...so it could boost the polls...no, really...

McCain is expected to have a front-row seat at Bristol’s wedding and to benefit from the outpouring of goodwill that it could bring. “What’s the downside?” a source inside the McCain campaign said. “It would be wonderful. I don’t know that there has ever been a pre-election wedding before.”

Desperate Housewives be damned, you got nothin.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hmmmmmm.... boost the polls, or wait and have it in the White House? Choices, choices.......Sarah must have SO much on her mind these days!

Jennifer said...

I also read that about a possible wedding. Nothing like exploiting your children to win an election, huh?

Did you read Rebecca Traister on Salon.com this morning? Excellent!
"The Sarah Palin Pity Party"