Friday, September 26, 2008

"My Cringe Reflex Is Exhausted"

Well, the Conservative Blog world has been jumping the S.S. Sarah Palin faster than rats.

After watching now three interviews, many have said they just can't take it any more.

My fave line of the day is from Kathleen Parker at the National Review Online. I absolutely directly took the headline from Andrew...but I had to; I laughed so hard, it made my rainy Friday kinda sunny.

My Cringe Reflex Is Exhausted ...there, I said it again.

At this point I just feel sorry for her. No really, I do. Any semblance of an intelligent answer that she might have produced has clearly be squashed by all of her cramming. And, in a proven example of why secrets are so deadly, it often seems that when she wants to answer a question she must stop and think if it is something she is has been authorized to say.

I do believe this whole debacle has been a set back to the woman's movement. That so many capable, well-spoken, INTELLIGENT women were passed up for this beauty queen/mean girl breaks my heart.

I will hold out hope the we are making some progress. And, I will look to my 8 year old daughter's stubborn tenacity and first-rate debating skills to calm my nagging doubt.

No comments: