Saturday, September 27, 2008

Albatross-Neck-UH OH

Another impression I was left with after the debate last night is how difficult the medium really is. It is an art form, a skill, a craft...and there is so much room for really getting it wrong. I came to appreciate the art of Forensics when I realized that the best preachers at Divinity School had also excelled in the art often in high school and college.

So, I wondered, how on earth is Sarah Palin going to manage this next week?

I didn't wonder too long -- word has come from the McCain camp:

Capitol Hill sources are saying that senior McCain people are more than concerned about Palin.

The campaign has held a mock debate and a mock press conference; both are being described as “disastrous.” One senior McCain aide was quoted as saying, “What are we going to do?” The McCain people want to move this first debate to some later, undetermined date, possibly never. People on the inside are saying the Alaska Governor is “clueless.”

Uh-Oh.

Does anyone have any idea how they are going to get out of this mess?

My wise woman source thinks Sarah will drop out using her sudden need to deal with "unexpected problems" with baby Trig. OR an "emergency" with daughter Bristol.

At this point, who would blame her? But she'd better hurry...Thursday's debate is just around the corner.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Do you really think they can get away with that? Who would he pick as a replacement?
Would he get his way and go back to Lieberman? That would probably tick off the far right.
Huckabee?