So the country is heading south, financially speaking and we're told that McCain rose to the occasion by putting country first...high tailed it to D.C. (without Sarah) to help fix what is broken.
Sarah Palin's interview with Katie went ahead anyway and I found it hard to watch. The woman sounds kinda like me and my neighbor's when we talk about the financial mess on our walk home from dropping the children at school. We three moms: one democrat, one independent and one republican are about as well versed as um...v.p. candidates. We are a minister, a small business owner and an accountant in addition to being wives and mothers. I'm not knocking our smarts, but we certainly don't have the answers.
Neither did Sarah, but I digress...
My point is that everybody has lost their sense of reason - and nobody seems to be making any sense.
Conservatives like Hugh Hewitt said of the campaign halt announcement:
"Today was Obama's Katrina moment and an example of great leadership by John McCain. This contrast was telling and will matter."
Clive Crook, Editor of the Atlantic Monthly on the other hand said:
"I do think Obama is handling the crisis much better than McCain--not because he is suggesting better remedies (he continues to say little), but because his instinct to reflect before opening his mouth and his impeccable taste in advisers are both working to his advantage."
I think this may qualify as a time of national schizophrenia.
As I edit this on Friday before posting, it has become clear that McCain went to D.C. and did nothing. Obama stayed cool but didn't do much either. I think they just should have stuck to their task at hand, and clearly I think they need to debate.
Americans are beginning to lose their patience for the whole mess and my fear is that this will backfire, I hope, on McCain. As I ran errands around town yesterday sporting my Obama fleece jacket, a couple of people told me they were so fed up that they were not even going to vote on election day.
This cannot have been what our "forefathers" intended.
Why Progressives Are Backing Off 'Woke 1'
11 hours ago
No comments:
Post a Comment