Monday, September 15, 2008

The Bloom Is Off The Rose

In the past two years that I have been surfing the blog-o-sphere I have noticed a pattern.

Bloggers both liberal and conservative (I read both for balance) often grab onto a theme that takes anywhere from a few days to about two weeks to come to fruition in the minds of the general public.

So, it is interesting to note two specific themes amongst Conservative Bloggers that is coming to the fore.

1) John McCain has lied and flip-flopped and generally discredited himself on many issues and is no longer the maverick they once adored.

2) Sarah Palin, while still lovely and spunky, is not someone THEY feel comfortable with in the position of vice-president. Of note, is Ross Douthat and others in his camp who had high hopes for her future on the national stage, but now feel that the Gibson-Palin interview gave them all "a splash of cold water."

My test area is usually the playground and the school yard in my rather GOP neighborhood.

We'll see what happens...

No comments: