Today, on this memorial day, 7 years beyond a tragedy we will never forget, I have hope.
I am reminded why our country has been so passionate (to say the least) about this election and about the future of our country. We are living in anxious times, and it is easy to become overwhelmed by the national mood. But beneath the anxiety of the uncertain future is a belief that PEACE will prevail. Peace in our individual lives and peace in our collective lives.
I received countless emails and phone calls this week from people who are tired of the the negative, mocking, nasty, even silly nature of the political news cycle. It has sprung many to action volunteering locally, and even beyond. The spark that was lit seems to be leading to a great fire of enthusiasm to make a difference, to do something, ANYTHING
.Today, I am simply going to try and focus on a an attitude that says
yes to the good that is possible. How can it be that in the end fear has the last word? My faith just won't let me go there.
1 comment:
Want to make sure you receive this - it's a forward from my friend Sabrina in DC. I sent it to you verizon email if that is still valid...
http://womenagainstsarahpalin.blogspot.com/2008/09/women-say-no-part-15.html
Post a Comment