Nate Silver from the web site FiveThirtyEight.com (a polling web site) has an interesting theory about McCain's actions this past week.
He believes that it was all a grand scheme to enhance the importance of the debate WHICH WILL, IN FACT, BE HELD TONIGHT. Hedging all bets, and McCain has said he is a gambling man, McCain is gambling that he will kick some debate butt tonight, come across as mega-hyper presidential and gain at least 4 points on his now trailing polls.
It is a rather mind-boggling thought and it caught my attention. Fact is, his stunt did put the debate in the news on a much larger scale than it might have been.
The whole idea is so seemingly slimy that, of course, Americans will not dare miss said match up. Rain is predicted for the East Coast; so pop that corn, and put on your jammies, you're staying home tonight to watch.
I'm not sure about you, but I will be on the edge of my couch chewing my nails.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I'm so glad they're both going to be at the debate! But I can't watch so I have set my DVR.
BTW, have you read this?
http://article.nationalreview.com/?q=MDZiMDhjYTU1NmI5Y2MwZjg2MWNiMWMyYTUxZDkwNTE=
If the link doesn't work, go to nationalreview.com and search for Kathleen Parker's latest column.
If that hypothesis is true, it couldn't have been McCain's idea---he doesn't have the smarts or self disipline for that. Rather, I think his ego and image of himself as a Maverick and a gamblin' man propelled it. He still views himself as a hot, young, devil may care war hero. Well, I knew Jack Kennedy and you're no Jack Kennedy. .
Jennifer; I actually posted my latest piece based on Kathleen Parker's latest remark. Too funny! We're all on the same page, lets hope for the rest of the country to join us. We need to think "TIPPING POINT"
Post a Comment