I have an odd sense of calm today. The feeling you have when you know all is well. I even took my children and a couple of their friends to the local game arcade for some rainy day fun. I felt like celebrating!
After watching the first "interview" with Saint Sarah, and reading through many of the incredulous lies being perpetuated by the McCain Campaign, I feel confident that it is all going to cave in on itself. They will be victims of their own muck. Their chickens are going to come home to roost and their pigs will be wearing lipstick.
I took it as a sign from a place of Higher Intelligence that moments after I turned off the computer, no longer able to watch (on line) the Gibson-Palin-McCain train wreck, I randomly turned on CNN to find Obama live at Columbia University in what was billed as a service forum. If you missed it, I'm certain you can check it out on CNN's web site. It was a breath of fresh air to listen to an intelligent voice speak honestly about his plans to move this country forward.
I was so busy focused on the nasty stuff, I nearly missed what turned out to be the clearest thinking I've heard in two weeks.
I encourage ALL OF YOU, dear readers to stop for a moment and really consider what you may be missing out on by listening to the insanity that is being tossed in our faces.
Instead, for the next week ask everyone you encounter during the day if they are registered to vote...in the gas station, the grocery store, the dry cleaners...anywhere.
If you think it can't make a difference consider this little tid-bit as reported by the Orlando, Florida Obama Headquarters: Since August 1st they have registered 80,000 new voters. In case you're wondering that is roughly 2000 people each day. In Florida, no less.
Know hope, indeed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Way to go Liz, so glad you are feeling better. What good can it do to feel down?
Stay motivated all the way, we need lots and lots of positive energy. I googled the hometown of my (special needs) sister in PA. and found Obama headquarters, and directed her to go over there and get registered to vote, and she did! Onward with hope, love, AND gratitude for your voice.
Post a Comment