Wednesday, October 1, 2008

What Worries Me

I want to go on record BEFORE the VP debate.

I have alluded to the various reasons why Sarah Palin worries me: her mean spirited manners, her close-minded attitude, her pathological lies, her six-pack joe-ness.

She does not appeal to me, and I truly do not think she is mentally or intellectually prepared to take on the role of vice-president.

But I know that her job in the debate tomorrow night will be to cremate Obama. (not Biden, but Obama) I know that the rules have been set up so that all she needs to do is present her well written, well versed points of annihilation. For her, that will be easy.

She has to smile with her shiny lips and cute glasses. As a hockey mom, and a former mayor, a governor and woman, she knows how to get at the heart of what some people will want to hear. For her, that will be easy.

She has to appeal to people by appealing to their fears. For her, that will be VERY easy.

After so many train wreck interviews where she guarded her words to the point of sounding moronic, the bar has been set diabolically low for her. She pretty much just has to show up.

The irony is that for all the bad mouthing Republicans have done on what they call Obama's celebrity status, they have been dying for one to call their own. A sexy, cute, charming and she's their gal.

It all worries me, what can I say...I'm a worrier. But I'm also a person of faith, and I know we add nothing to our lives by worrying...not a thing.

The polls are wildly great in Obama's favor going into this event. So in the words of Jesse Jackson: Keep Hope Alive, Keep Hope Alive!





3 comments:

Arlene said...

I'm putting my faith in the moderator doing as good a job
as the moderators in her 3 major interviews. She came across as the
ill-informed candidate that she is.
And currently McCain is also helping with his remarks on the current financial crisis.Thanks to both ! Obama is currently 7% ahead.
Look for higher rating after tonight!

Sandra said...

My sentiments and worries exactly!

The only thing I don't get or agree with are the many descriptions of her as "charming". Unless you can call a barracuda charming.

Gwen needs to not be intimidated by the dissing she is getting from the Republicans. Are they running scared or just playing head games?

Let's hope "our" Joe six pack hits it out of the ball park.

Jennifer said...

I'm a worrier too. I would enjoy Obama's lead in the polls if the election were sooner than it is.