I am sorry that I obsessed over last night's debate. All I can say is that I breathed a sigh of relief when it was over.
It did all that is was supposed to do: Made Republicans who will vote for McCain anyway, a little more comfortable about doing so. My GOP neighbor said, "I wasn't impressed with her at all, and I hate the Joe six-pack/hockey mom routine, but at least she didn't completely screw up like with Katie Couric. I don't think she is qualified to be president, but if McCain dies, I'm sure she will get lots of help from lots of advisers, right?"
It made Democrats who will vote for Obama anyway, quite a bit better about doing so. We saw why Obama picked Biden and why so many have loved him for years.
As for Independents and undecided voters: time will tell. Pollster.com shows Obama up at the highest he has been since this started. Time will tell.
I, for one, am relieved.
Why Progressives Are Backing Off 'Woke 1'
11 hours ago
No comments:
Post a Comment