I have been surprised in the past several days to have the notion of a President Obama be touted as a foregone conclusion. Not that I'm complaining...
It surprised me to hear it coming from staunch republicans who will no sooner vote for Obama than they would, um...cut off an arm? I read this in the newspaper, have heard it at book club, in the playground, on the mainstream radio news.
The only one who is trying to psych me out is one of my husband's colleagues who claims he knows real America, and "real Americans won't vote for the Black Guy" (which is why he already cast his ballot for Palin-McCain...in that order).
Psych-me-out-guy notwithstanding, I just read a long, but very interesting article about why the whole President Obama notion may be catching on.
This article from Time Magazine is well worth some time. It describes in close detail just how Obama has developed his presidential mindset over the last 20 months or so. Of note, it describes a meeting he had with General Petraeus last summer during which time he took a decidedly Commander-in-Chief stance.
It is worth reading and certainly passing along especially for those who may still be on the fence. Surely, there are still a few out there...
Why Progressives Are Backing Off 'Woke 1'
11 hours ago
No comments:
Post a Comment