I continue to believe that part of my role as a pastor is to uplift, peddle hope and generally encourage the down-trodden. People come to church so they can leave feeling better, not worse. Right or wrong, simplistic or not...that has always been my working assumption.
And so it is that when I read the polls, I believe that Obama is winning and that his victory will also be a referendum on race for this country. We will have made an enormous leap forward. That is my thinking.
But as I read and talk to people I can also see that they don't believe the polls, and think Obama will not win...AND his defeat will be a referendum on race for this country. So it was that several papers including the NY Times recently printed stories on the so-called "Bradley Effect".
I just don't think so. Why? Well...re-read first paragraph.
Crime Crackdown 'Working,' DC Homicides Plummet
11 hours ago
No comments:
Post a Comment