Somewhat by chance (though I'm inclined to believe otherwise), I happened upon a video of General Minister and President of The United Church of Christ, The Rev. John Thomas.
It was taken at Trinity UCC, Chicago, on February 24, 2008 on the occasion of the retirement of The Rev. Jeremiah Wright.
In it, Thomas describes the life and ministry of Wright in terms that we have not had the privilege of hearing from the MSM.
I think it is worth 8 minutes to watch it...especially if you are a member of the United Church of Christ.
After serving in the UCC for 15 years, I came to understand, respect and admire the truly open and affirming nature of this denomination. It is Progressive Christianity at its best, in my humble opinion.
For those of you who find you are still defending Obama for Rev. Wright (am I the only one?), forward THIS VIDEO to your friends...I think it will shed some light and help build a needed bridge of understanding.
UPDATE: Sorry, there was a problem with the video...but I fixed it, now you can watch this. THe references to Wright are about 2 mintues in.
Crime Crackdown 'Working,' DC Homicides Plummet
11 hours ago
No comments:
Post a Comment