Sunday, October 12, 2008

Cool and Calm

I just read Andrew Sullivan's piece in the Times Online about the way in which Obama's temperament is working in his favor.

I highly commend it to you. Yes, I'm a big Sullivan fan...and yes, Sullivan likes Obama. But more than that, the piece is commendable because it gets at the reason I think the country is shifting toward Obama's candidacy.

It isn't his policies, or his party, his experience or his words...but it is his calming presence in the midst of the madness that is swirling around us right now. I think many people are now realizing that they do not have to agree with everything he says and does to recognize that from this place of sang-froid, he will better be able to steer the ship in the midst of the storm. McCain talks about having a steady hand on the tiller...Obama actually has one.

I'm just waiting for the new commercial to come out rivaling Palinex.

Obamapro: when you need to relax and just get through the day.

No comments: