I was in the Denver Airport on August 29th when I began to learn a bit more about McCain's v.p. pick. The first thing that made me pause: the fact that she had a 4 month old child. Never mind that he was a child with special needs...just that he was her 5th and he was only an infant. Didn't seem right to my mommy brain.
As I trolled around the Internet, I just didn't like what I was reading.
48 hours after I first heard her name...I sat in a group of die-hard Republicans and said, "I'm sorry guys, but I honestly think McCain will be sorry for this choice. He will look back to regret her".
I could have easily chalked up my own Palin dis-ease to Democratitis. Was I jealous of this young, pretty mavericky maverick? Did I think she would hurt Obama's chances? That is what my GOP friends were accusing.
Nope, that wasn't it. There was much more at play and it seems that a mere two months later, I was right. She is being called a Diva and a Wack-job by members of the McCain staff.
There are rumors flying all over the place that she is really just making a play for her own game on in 2012. There is even a syndrome called The Palin Effect which highlights all of the conservatives who have ditched their party stating her as the reason. Not to mention the way in which her faith intersects her call to public life.
But never mind the TONS of material I could post against her. That would be way too eeeeezzzzy.
Politics, it seems boils down to intuition.
I'm sorry I can't be more scientific than that. It was an initial sense that made me sit up and really listen to Barack Obama four years ago, and volunteer for his campaign two years ago.
It was a hunch that gave me the nagging feeling that Sarah wasn't all she was cracked up to be.
It is just a feeling that Bobby Jindal will be the one to look out for in 2012...while Sarah is trying to stay warm in Alaska picking up the pieces of her broken career, and the toys strewn about by toddler Trig.
and after the earthquake a fire; but the LORD was not in the fire: and after the fire a still small voice. 1Kings 19:12
Why Progressives Are Backing Off 'Woke 1'
11 hours ago
No comments:
Post a Comment