Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Muck of the Day

We started our day with a huge orange juice spill. My six-year old, in an effort to delay getting dressed, propelled a toy in such a way that it whipped the juice cup against the wall and onto the floor. As my husband likes to say, the kitchen got a new paint job.

Immediately, three sets of eyes looked toward mom in utter fright...how would mom react?

"Oh," I said, with uncharacteristic calm, "I guess that is what happens when the purple alien doll hits the cup of orange juice. Now what needs to happen?"

Actions have consequences. It is that simple. It is a lesson we experience every day.

From Biblical times we have been told that we reap what we sow. (Galatians 6:7) It isn't an exclusively Christian concept but it has certainly been built into the DNA of a faith-filled life.

Which makes me wonder just where all of this seriously sick mudslinging will lead.

I just read that people at McCain-Palin rallies are getting all worked up and shouting "TREASON" and "TERRORIST" in reference to Obama.

This for mentioned little tid-bit wins my pot calling kettle black award for the day.

Lest we forget: It was the GOP that accused the "Obamaniacs" of whipping up Nazi-Germany like frenzies at their rallies. Gulp. I find it all a bit frightening and cannot imagine what the residual effect will be.

Obama has thrown his share of muck. But what is coming out of McCain and Palin's campaign plays on every stereotype and every fear known to humanity. It encompasses every ism you can imagine.

I can't say yet what the final effect will be, but before I go re-do my son's o.j. clean up effort, I have to say that the latest polls are in from Florida.

May the reaping begin.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Indeed...I don't see how this helps them. I can't wait until Obama wins and the entire McCain/Rove/Atwater brand of politics is refuted finally