I saw this video posted yesterday and it was so moving that a friend suggested I post it so that more people can see it.
This is Richard Trumka of the AFL-CIO speaking out against racism, in support of Obama. It is a very similar speech to one I heard while in Denver, also by a AFL-CIO leader.
To hear this coming from a white man from rural Pennsylvania not only brings me to tears, but reminds me that we have come so far. Things have changed, and the changes are real.
This election cannot be about the things that divide us but MUST be about the things that bring us together. It must be about unity and hope because with a war raging and a 10 trillion dollar national debt we simply must gather up our bootstraps and move things forward...together.
When I hear a national leader, a real "Joe six-pack" talk this way, I know hope indeed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi Liz,
I love reading your blog. It was great getting the inside perspective from the convention and congratulation for being there!
I've been writinga blog also
www.universityofbe.com
and really enjoying the creative outlet. Hope all's well with you and your family. xoxo Leslie Henshaw
Post a Comment