Governor Patterson is now recommending an "Obestity Tax" on all non-diet sodas.
HUH?
Even this liberal democrat thinks that is crossing the line...imagine what the "get government off our backs" types will say.
What about potato chips, candy bars, Starbuck's Frappaccino's, and what about Fat Free Half and Half? Doesn't the Gov. know that the amount of oil and corn syrup in that crap creates fat cells too?!
I realize the City is in debt, and I get that we need to raise taxes, but I'm pretty sure we'll have to do better than that. And if he honestly believes that making soda more expensive will "put teens and children on a path to healthier eating"...
....he should see what the "no sugar" rule in our elementary school did to our children. I can't say but I can assure you a donut is involved.
As my mama always said, "stupid is as..."
Well, you know the rest.
Where is Forrest Gump when you need him?
Crime Crackdown 'Working,' DC Homicides Plummet
11 hours ago
No comments:
Post a Comment