Saturday, December 13, 2008

Change You Can Taste


So I moved out of my comfort zone this cookie baking season. The year it is all about change, right?

In a fit of giddiness, I purchased Heathbar Crunch Bits and Ghiradelli Chocolate Chips instead of Nestle's. And to make it even crazier, I made the cookie recipe on the back of the Heath Toffee Bits bag AND then added the chips.

I'm only posting this because the recipe was only slightly different than Toll House, but the result was quite different.

2 Sticks of Butter
1 cup white sugar
1 cup light brown sugar
3 eggs
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla
2 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. creme of tarter (or sub with 1 tsp. lemon juice...it binds the egg or something)
3 1/2 cups white flour
1 package Heath Toffee Bits
1-12oz. package Ghiradelli semi-sweet bits.

bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes. Make 6 dozen cookies.

I've been to two cookie exchanges in as many weeks, and I do think this is the basic comfort cookie with a twist. It is much crunchier and not as chewy as Toll House.

Okay...that was my Bree Van de Kamp moment. Thanks for listening...and let me know if you try the cookies.


Posted by Picasa

No comments: