Tuesday, August 26, 2008
Yes She Did
By the time the moment had arrived, most everyone was getting nervous. Would she do what she needed to do? Say what needed to be said? Ten minutes into it, my neighbor gripped her seat like you might during a horror movie. The group around me, many elected officials and one former NJ governor began whispering, "this isn't her acceptance speech...buzz, buzz, buzz".
There was a collective sigh of relief when she FINALLY uttered those words "and that is why I am supporting Senator Barack Obama..."
The Clintons, God love 'em, have always been masters at dramatic tension. They keep us hanging every time, sitting at the edge of our seats. That is why, in the end, like it or not, they always make an impact. She had us in the palm of her hands and then called for, no, demanded party unity. We cheered, we cried, we all agreed Hillary had won us over and won the night.
Spike Lee was sitting two rows behind me. I wonder if he was taking notes?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I'm not sure where to post this, so I'll post it here. You are doing a FABULOUS job! I am having a great time following the bouncing ball with you at the Convention. You are so talented as a writer, the pictures are a photo journal of their own and your political insight is keen and right on every time. Thank you for sharing your experience with all of us. I'm SO proud of you! You go girl;) Much love, Giovanna
Oh, I forgot to say ... we saw you on MSNBC last night cheering. You looked GREAT and we were thrilled! Keep cheering, we'll keep looking.
Post a Comment