Friday, August 29, 2008

Moving Forward


I need to leave my hotel and head home...more will be on the way. I just had to say that my first bleary eyed impression was that the night worked.

The hoopla surrounding this event and the anxiety being spread about how we were going to get in, and find our seats was not to be believed. Our collective nerves simply masked our real concern: Could he deliver? Would he deliver?

But in the end, the night turned out to be more about us than him. It was a celebration of the collective blood, sweat and tears that had brought us all to this day. And I don't mean for the past 20 months of this campaign, but of the last 40 plus years. The last 232 years if you're really counting.

The night worked because we were included. We were not merely observing history, we were participating in it.

The night worked because instead of giving the kind of secular sermon that I expected and love, he got down to the business of taking this country forward.

This is where I'm going...you comin' with me?

Yes I am.


Posted by Picasa

No comments: