This is a maiden voyage into the world of blogging. As a reader poking around the blog-o-spere these past 18 months, I'm feeling a bit unworthy. But I'm diving in feeling every part a citizen of the internet world and a citizen of the USA.
Tomorrow I will attend my last DNC NJ Delegation meeting before leaving for Denver this Sunday. I have no idea what to expect at this meeting but I'm told it will be important. Will they give us the inside scoop on the VEEP pick? Mostly, I hope they will talk about what to wear in Denver...heaven forbid I'm not properly dressed for this auspicious occasion.
When I signed on to help with the Obama campaign I was inspired by the promise I saw in his candidacy. I was drawn in by the ease with which the campaign accepted me. I am honored to be representing my district here in Bergen County, NJ. AND...I'm a little nervous to be leaving behind my husband and three small children to travel across the country alone. Ah, the prospect of a full night's sleep and no diaper's to change...yes, that is good. But what else awaits in Denver?
Will there be tantrums and crying? Will there be arguments about who sits where? Will there be messes to clean up and whining that it's not fair?
Hmmmm...maybe I won't be homesick...
Woke 2 Will Be Worse
2 hours ago
4 comments:
Dear LJ:
Welcome to the blogosphere!
Thanks for doing this...it will be my first stop everyday from now on!
Have a safe and easy and exciting trip as you begin this historic adventure!
Raymond and everyone here...
This is great!! Keep the posts coming. We're all looking forward to seeing your 'on the ground viewpoint'.
Dear LJ,
Wishing you a safe and exciting journey where you'll meet like minded people from all over the USA.
This is a blog I can believe in.
LJ - I am excited to see you have entered the world of politics and will be giving us the "on-the-ground" update of the DNC! Enjoy Denver (and don't worry so much about what to wear!)
Post a Comment