Friday, August 22, 2008

Enough Already

Okay, even I can't take the suspense anymore. Even my Mortgage Broker called to ask me if I had any inside scoop on the VEEP. I am beginning to confuse my anxiety over a v.p. with the anxiety of packing and getting on the plane to Denver. ARGH!

All I can say is the choice better be good and there had better be a very plausible reason for making us wait.

This, coming from a person who found out the gender of each of her three children the first millisecond it was actually possible to determine through medical science. (Did you know that testicles are, in fact, detectable at 12 weeks of gestation?)

I seem change my answer every time a friend calls or emails to ask my opinion. But at this point, it had better be somebody totally under the radar. You can't make us wait this long and come up with somebody EXPECTED!

As a wise friend once said: the only time secrets are useful is before Christmas and your birthday.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Well we're there...I like Biden, I think he's a loudmouth but I mean that in the best way possible. Here's the 'takeaway' from this whole 'veep'process. Once again we see the Obama campaign executing on strategy, and doing it well. While McCain and even Clinton would sometimes 'win the week' as they responded to some nonsense that came up, neither of those candidates ever really executed cleanly on a strategy. Time and again, Obama does this. THAT'S LEADERSHIP.

Unknown said...

UPDATE!! FRANK RICH'S Column this sunday is a MUST READ for all you delegates heading into the convention. THIS is your opportunity to break with the primary mindset and embrace the General Election. Alea Iacta Est--the die is cast...
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/24/opinion/24rich.html?hp

LJ said...

thanks...read it! VEry good. Now, how to get the word to the actual people in charge. Do they know this stuff? HOPE SO!