When the results were finally tallied, my little town in Northern New Jersey went for McCain 1888 votes to 1392. So there are 1391 other folks walking around town who voted for Obama...by my measly calculations.
Feeling rather proud and somewhat bold, I have been sporting America's Next First Family button on my jacket. It pictures the smiling Obama clan waving in front of the White House.
Immune to the glares at this point, and the no comment comments, I have now taken on a new tactic when people squint and move in to get a better look..."Isn't it exciting?!?! I can't wait. Our generation finally has its own Jackie O."
So far, all I've gotten are somewhat engaged discussions about...Jackie O. No concurrence, no talk of Michelle's fab look. Not even an utterance of the word...O-B-A-M-A
That's okay, I have to start somewhere. At least Jackie O was a democrat, and that might account for a little headway, don't you think?
Now onward to look for those 1,391 people. They've got to be hiding somewhere!
Why Progressives Are Backing Off 'Woke 1'
11 hours ago
1 comment:
We live in military housing near an Air Force base in Nebraska. As you can imagine, not a lot of support for Obama 'round these parts. But I do a quiet little "whoo hoo" when ever I see and Obama sticker on a car. It was when I started seeing more and more of them on cars belonging to military people, that I really believed that he would win the election.
It is exciting, isn't it?
Post a Comment