I have never been very good at resolution making. Well, I suppose keeping is really the thing that is difficult.
And so this year, I decided to do something a bit different. The idea came from a family I know who has done this for years.
Rather than come up with a list of what you want to do in the new year, take stock of your top ten moments in the year that has just passed. Your TOP TEN THINGS THAT HAPPENED TO ME list.
My theory is that in so doing, you recall not only the events themselves, but the warm emotions that accompanied those events. You then take those happy sense memories into the new year.
If you find a painful event making its way to your list, perhaps time and distance will give you a new perspective on it.
To my mind that is a great way to begin. And perhaps will set you on the right foot to keeping those resolutions after all!
********************
Pleasure is the flower that passes; remembrance, the lasting perfume. ~Jean de Boufflers
The past is never dead, it is not even past. ~William Faulkner
Why Progressives Are Backing Off 'Woke 1'
11 hours ago
No comments:
Post a Comment