The Democratic State Committee called yesterday informing me that they had a ticket for me to attend the Inaugural Swearing In Ceremony! After months of asking and waiting, now I could be one of the 200,000 in the "official viewing area".
It is nice to be included in this moment of history...a day late and a dollar short. oops. It seems as if I would have to move heaven and earth to get down there, and in the end stand alone amidst hundreds of thousands. I was only offered ONE ticket.
Alas, hubby and I are content to stay home and witness history together. A neighbor, shocked that I turned down this opportunity, asked why I wasn't going.
I was a witness to history in Denver. I believed in the possibility of this occurrence when others laughed and called me a dreamer. I was one voice out of millions, from the beginning who truly believed that with a lot of hard work and faith, this day would indeed arrive.
So here we are, three days away...YES WE DID.!
Knowing that feels just right for me.
Why Progressives Are Backing Off 'Woke 1'
11 hours ago
No comments:
Post a Comment