Well Happy Birthday to...me! And what a happy day it is.I had not considered that 45 would end up feeling better than 35 or even 40. Originally, I planned on throwing myself a party and calling it "Halfway There". Could have been a fun way to mark mid-life.
I tossed the idea when a 52 year-old man I know claimed he just marked his mid-life. So...I suppose I had better enjoy this moment because mid-life is obviously just an opinion. Eckhart Tolle has noted that:
"Life is now. There was never a time when your life was not now, nor will there ever be"
As MinisterDad always says...
Your 40's are the best years of your life...you have the wisdom of life experience and the energy to still enjoy it!
Thanks to yoga, hubby and some very energetic little people I feel quite good indeed. It is a blessing to know that in God I live and move and have my being. It is a double blessing when I remember it and am grateful for each NOW moment.
Another favorite quote by Tolle:
"Once you have made peace with the present moment, see what happens, what you can do or choose to do, or rather what life does through you. There are three words that convey the secret of the art of living, the secret of all success and happiness: One with Life. Being one with life is being one with Now. You then realize that you don't live your life, but life lives you. Life is the dancer and you are the dance."
So, I suppose MinisterDad is right...wisdom and experience beat it hands down over worrying about age.
And so, for my birthday I wish you all the presence of this moment. I wish you NOW. Hey, its all we really have.
------------------------
When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child; when I became an adult, I put an end to childish ways. For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then we will see face to face. Now I know only in part; then I will know fully, even as I have been fully known. (1Corinthians 13:10-12)
3 comments:
Happy birthday love to YOU, and bigtime thanks for sharing your joy, your wisdom and your eloquent messages that I treasure! Remain blessed, always.
Happy Birthday Liz! And I also love the Eckhart quotes and reminders to enjoy being where we are.
Happy Birthday Liz!!! Glad you enjoyed your special day!! Love Liz Paccione
Post a Comment