Friday, May 22, 2009

These Are The Days




Hubby took on a HUGE project building a compost container fit for a King. Along the way there were helpers of varied sizes and degrees. And me, being process-oriented can't help but believe that the time spent together creating something useful will stay with the children long after the leaves have become soil.

At least that is my wish.

At first I could not envision this compost box, then I tried to find one 'on line' that would be 'easier'...but The Swiss Watchmaker prevailed and created a masterpiece worthy of the Patek Philippe seal of approval. And, he created something that I never even thought of...memories. However trite that may sound when I see that it seems that all is right with our world.

Smart and talented. What a gift he is.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Sparkman said...

Sorry its taken so long for me to reply to your post...it went to my husband's email:)

I've enjoyed reading your blog:)

I worked as a campus minister for 6years and then I served on a church staff as collegiate minister for 7 years. Now I work from home with National Collegiate Ministry updating their website and doing a quarterly eNewsletter for collegiate ministers. I also help coordinate small groups & fill in preaching for our faith community,(www.ekklesiahattiesburg.com).

Great compost bin! I just ordered a small barrel composter...we started a garden this year...with help from our friends:)

Thanks for writing!