Thursday, May 21, 2009

The Meaning of Michelle

I just read about the new TIME magazine entitled "The Meaning of Michelle". I commend it to you, because I do just love her.

I saw a photo essay taken from the magazine which included this wonderful quote from Mrs. O. herself:

"I get all touchy with kids, because I think if I touch them and I hug them, that they'll see that it's real, and then they'll relax and breathe and actually kind of enjoy the time and make use of it."

This is a woman who connects with people...whether it be The Queen of England or inner city school children. She understands her role and has the presence of mind to ask herself how others might be feeling being around her.

That is just classy in addition to being kind. Is it any wonder why those little girls look so smitten? (see photo #5)

What many underestimated was the impact that Mrs. O would have while serving in this role. My guess is...they ain't seen nothing yet!

No comments: