Here are a few of my reactions from last night:
1. Ruth Bader Ginsberg is a hero for showing up, but she does not look well.
2. Michelle Obama should consider covering her arms on occasions such as this. My mother always taught me the importance of dressing for the occasion. Her dress was nice, but she was the only one in the room with bare arms. Not appropriate. What would Jackie O have worn?
3. Both sides of the aisle gave The President the warmest welcome I've seen in a long, long time.
4. The President spoke to us like we were adults, not children.
5. The bit with the little girl from South Carolina was powerful...and genuine.
6. Nearly the best line of the night: IT IS NOT AMERICAN TO TORTURE. Praise God for that!
7. I have felt sobered and inspired at the same time.
8. Bobby Jindal has a long, long, long way to go. His rebuttal, the hope of the GOP, had a very weak beginning. He was almost clown like.
9. He is not attractive enough to make a move in 2012. He is not attractive enough, period.
10. I agreed with some of what Jindal said toward the end. But as an "average American", he had already lost me on the gut reaction front.
Bonus reaction: I feel like going out and spending some money today! At least 50 bucks or so. Let the consumer spending begin.
Why Progressives Are Backing Off 'Woke 1'
11 hours ago
2 comments:
I thought I heard someone say Jindel actually recorded that speach beforwe Obama even talked.
So How was that suppored to work for him?
I totally agree regarding Michelle and the sleeveless.
AND My oven just quit working so a-spending I will go!
Yes, we are cousins and that's why I totally agree with all your talking points...except one. (Sorry Minister Mom's Mom). I am old enough to remember Jackie going sleveless. I do not know the outside temperatures on the days she wore those sheaths, but she always looked amazing. She got those arms from horseback riding, in those days women did not lift weights. I'd like to think Michelle needed to be cool because she is having hot flashes...
Post a Comment