Saturday, February 7, 2009

Celebration


I have been off line these past several days getting ready for my folks 50th wedding anniversary luncheon.

The details of such events often become so consuming that we forget the reason we're doing this in the first place.

TO CELEBRATE! To observe a day with ceremonies of respect, festivities and rejoicing!

In a time when many marriages don't make it to the 10th anniversary...it is important to mark those rare and Golden Anniversaries. Such events do not require that we toast to perfection, or to sheer continued unmarred bliss. Only that we recognize the sacred value of time together, of shared history and most importantly, of commitment.

There is a benediction I sometimes use at the end of a wedding ceremony that goes something like this:

"And long, long years from now may you look at one another and be able to say, 'because of you, I have become the person I longed to be, because of you I have lived the life I always wanted to live.'"

Looking ahead, it may seem like a tall order, but it is possible and it is certainly reason to CELEBRATE!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: