
One never knows where wisdom will be divined. In the (very small) hair salon today I overheard another customer tell the hairdresser:
"Did you hear that Obama wants us to report our neighbors to the government if we see they are doing something wrong. Boy that just put a red flag up for me...a Red Flag as in COMMUNISM. And...did you hear that he wants to mandate that we all get vaccinated against swine flu. The government can't mandate vaccinations! Communism!"Ministermom kept her lips shut...locked even. I was so proud of myself, though inside I had a thousand quips, responses and admonitions going through my brain. I continued the book I was reading where not moments later I read the following...
But of, of course, fear courses through our veins. It affects and afflicts much of life, ESPECIALLY OUR POLITICAL LIFE. So the question becomes: "How shall we live out from under the rule of fear? What about faith makes this possible?"The answer, of course is...EVERYTHING.
Phillip S. Washburn, Mystery at the Heart of Things; p.119
1 comment:
I think you should have taken on the debate....
Post a Comment