
I thought is was worth mentioning that it was a year ago TODAY that many of us FIRST heard the name Sarah Palin. It was the morning after the Dem Convention had concluded when the news broke that this mavericky maverick was chosen as John McCain's running mate.
HUH? WHO? Wwwwhat?
It will go down in history as one of the strangest political moves. Not to mention being one of the most entertaining, polarizing, and toxic additions to our current national psyche.
As I thought about it early this morning, it occurred to me that perhaps not even John McCain wanted to get in the way of an historic moment. That he knew we were so deep in the can, it would take a younger, more energetic guy to do the job. Maybe, in the end John knew just what he was doing by handing the election to Obama on a silver lip-stick platter.
My naive self can't give up the idea...but then again I'm the dummy who also thinks the country should just calm down and let the man they did elect do his job for God's sake.
What do I know?
No comments:
Post a Comment