I wish. No, really...I WISH!
Also...the author of the book I was reading, Phillip S. Washburn, was my colleague for 16 years. Now retired, the book of sermons is a retrospective of his ministry. I highly recommend it.
Again, the title is The Mystery at the Heart of Things, available at Amazon.
"Pentecost, first to the Jew and then to the Gentile, is that day on which a people of faith receive a gift from heaven that makes it clear --- God has to do with who we are and everything we do. It is a gift, in other words, that redirects our lives, more gladly in the present, that makes it clear that this is it and it (as it says in the beginning, in Genesis) is good. Amen." p.109
1 comment:
Liz:
Amen to to the Genesis "It is good"
tagline! It brought to mind the
following wise observation...
The seasons come and go, summer follows spring and fall follows summer and winter follows fall, and human beings are born and mature, have their middle age, begin to grow older and die and everything has its cycles as
day follows night and night follows day.
It is good to be part of all of this.
...Traditional Native American
Love and Light! Raymond
Post a Comment