So...we're here! The FIRST 100 DAYS. Hand your projects in kids, we're celebrating 100 days in office!I could not let the moment pass without an acute observation that the bloggy world corroborates.
The Obama's are the most traditional, indeed most CONSERVATIVE family to occupy the White House in a long, long time.
I nearly came to blows the other night arguing this very fact with a neighbor.
Those hell-bent on vilifying the entire family as socialist, liberal, racist (yes, you read correctly) freak-a-zoids have not been paying attention these past three months. In fact, I was so disturbed by the conversation that I wondered how I could be stuck in this waste land of fear, ostrich-like stupidity and un-evolved humanity. But I have come to my senses.
I have the sense to see that the traditional values -- yea, call them conservative, are the values I share (and so do my dumb neighbors if they would pay attention). They are the values that cause us to haul the brood to church each week, keep them clean behind the ears, force them to make their beds, sit up straight in the chair, eat with a fork and knife, clear their plates, and be kind to one another. We want them to enjoy one another and be the kind of people whose company we want to share.
Everything I have heard from Michelle Obama as she has traveled around the country, and every interview I have read tells me that these folks have deeply rooted values that are as classic the cardigan and the kitten heel (is it any wonder why Mrs. O loves both).
We have spent a lot of time wowing or worrying over Michelle's arms -- but it is their CORE, hers and his that is most impressive. The strength that comes from the center of who they are has not wavered and I believe will not waiver weather they're in it for one term or two.
I believe with all my heart that the only reason anyone can say otherwise is because they never expected this from America's first Black First Family. Period. End of Story.
1 comment:
BRAVO !!!!!
Post a Comment