Not a few readers have written with concern that Minister Mom was getting too religious. Friends, lest we forget...I AM minister mom, am I not? Heh.
The beauty of taking time away is that it reminds you there is much to discover. Travel opens the mind's eye to new and different experiences. A new language, new food, a new culture. I find that when I am plucked out of my comfort zone, I see once again what makes me tick and what is important to me.
For example, I now know with certainty that I do not transition well. Anticipating a journey, while exciting, makes me nuts. Once I reach my destination and unpack my toothbrush. VoilĂ all is well. Phew.
Here, in this ancient place where history seems more alive, I also find myself awestruck as I walk ancient cobblestone streets, and climb cathedral steps that have been there since 1400. It puts one's little life in quite a bit of perspective. It reminds me that my journey, however nerve-wracking, has been made possible by those who have walked before me.
Here in the birthplace of the Protestant Church, the true spirit of those who were inspired to protest for the love of God is quite alive and well. And, as I take in the beauty of a country that takes beauty quite seriously I am reminded that traveling always brings you back home again.
Back home where you discover you're still you, only better.
There is not one blade of grass, there is no color in this world
that is not intended to make us rejoice. John Calvin
that is not intended to make us rejoice. John Calvin
1 comment:
Photos are gorgeous. Glad you are all having fun. Get home safely and then we'll talk about your next trip. :-)
Post a Comment