I may be brief in the days to come as head back to parish ministry (on a part-time temporary basis). Even 10-15 hours a week may feel like A LOT with all the other things on the plate.
But the call came. I can think of a thousand spiritual 'reasons' why I said yes...maybe none say it so well as the famous Lutheran theologian and pastor Dietrich Bonhoeffer:
“If you do a good job for others, you heal yourself at the same time, because a dose of joy is a spiritual cure.”
Some food for thought and I begin again what I probably never really stopped in the first place.
--------------------
He has showed you, O man, what is good.
And what does the LORD require of you?
To act justly and to love mercy
and to walk humbly with your God. Micah 6:8
And what does the LORD require of you?
To act justly and to love mercy
and to walk humbly with your God. Micah 6:8
4 comments:
Where will you be serving?
Sorry if this appears again in your comments (feel free to delete it).
I have been abducted by the PCUSA! I will be a minister of pastoral care at the Westside Presby Church in Ridgewood, NJ. (Photo). Let's talk soon!
Rev Liz:
Great news for both you and Westside! A larger plate, for sure, but larger joy to come,
for SURE!
Raymond
They are lucky to have you. Best wishes.
Post a Comment